Thai Foot Reflexology Massage Practitioner Training.
This 5 day course incorporates comprehensive learning modules enabling the Practitioner to complete a full and professional Thai Foot Reflexology treatment. This is an in-depth course that teaches 60-minute Thai Foot reflexology routine, pressure points, and techniques. This is a complete training experience covering the elements necessary to confidently apply the treatment as well as develop your own therapist presence.
There is good amount of focus on anatomy and pathology during the course enabling you to fully understand how Thai foot reflexology effects the system and the benefits.
We belive in training competent, intuitive and professional therapist's which is why this course is run across 5 days and includes self study, assignments, case studies, theory and practical examination as part of the assessment process.
You will learn:
How to give a Thai foot reflexology massage as is done in the streets of Thailand . We will learn the techniques using oil as well as a Thai stick. In Thailand a foot treatment usually begins with a soak and finishes with a leg and foot massage.
This training is over 5 days with one of the days as your practical and thery exam. It is approved by www.towergateinsurance.co.uk which will enable you to become fully registered and insured as a therapist. Cover starts from only £100 a year.
Thai Foot Massage is an ancient method of massage which incorporates aspects of Reflexology, Shiatsu, Chinese and Thai Massage. It is an excellent skill to complement your current therapies (including western Reflexology) as well as being a strong foundation for starting your own therapy practice.
It can be traced back to over 2,000 years and is known to be strongly influenced by the Indian Ayurvedic system of healing as well as the aspects of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
As opposed to western massage Thai massage is a treatment which combines the benefits of massage with pressure point stimulation. In addition to this Thai massage stimulates prana, ki, chi or life force energy by encouraging the flow through pressure on specific energy points which thereby encourages the body to achieve natural balance and flow.
Course content –
- Health & safety
- Professional ethics
- Client screening / Contra-actions and Contra-indications
- History of Traditional Thai Foot Massage
- Sen (energy) lines theory
- Benefits & effects of Traditional Thai Foot Massage
- Pressure assessment
- Anatomy of the foot and ankle
- Basic pathology of the body
- Preparation of client including consultation & record keeping
- Materials, equipment & products
- Direct practice with clients
- Case studies
- Advanced massage techniques.
- Taster no hands massage techniques/Thai Massage
- Guided relaxation, teaching your client to be still
- Client after-care
Entry Requirement - No previous experience is necessary to complete our Traditional Thai Foot Massage Training course.
Course Duration -5 days (4 days residential, 1 day exam)
Class Size- Small classes offering individual attention - no more than 6 per class.
Locations - This course can be completed at our retreat center in Lampeter, Ffos-Y-Ffin, Llanfair clydogau, SA488LL
Course Times -9am to 5pm Mon-Thurs, Exam Day: 11am-5pm You have the option to attend a short led morning yoga class prior to starting the training each day. You will also enjoy a hot tub during your stay along with beautiful walks and the chance to enjoy some treatments yourself in the evenings.
Examination System -Continual assessment takes place during the course. On completion of the course a final practical and written exam is completed to assess knowledge gained during the course.
Qualification attained - Practitioner Diploma in Thai Foot Reflexology Massage
- You will also be asked to complete an assignment prior to the course start date (1000 words)
- Your exam date is usually between 4-6 months after the initial training to give you enough time to complete your case studies. This timeframe can be extended with a fee of £50.
- -30 case studies before taking your exam and consist of:15 one hour treatments on 15 different people
- 10 one hour treatments to be spread over at least 3 people (you gain experience from learning the benefits from multiple treatments on the same client)
- 5 mini treatment: these can be short treatments of at least 30 minutes, multiple or repeat clients can be used.
Your case studies will be a combination of practice, written client feedback, personal reflection and note taking. You will be given client treatment forms to complete for your case studies of which must be completed and received in full prior to your exam date.
-Written assessment: This will be an exam covering the basic history of Thai Foot Reflexology along with written explanations and foot anatomy diagrams. You have 1.5 hours to complete the written assessment.
Cost: £795 + self catering shared accommodation £150 (3 nights with breakfast)
- a deposit of £100 is needed to secure your place with the remainder being paid in full 6 weeks prior to training. Payments plans available.
Thai Reflexology Equipment kit: £199 includes therapy bed, treatment kit and online advertising on our site.
Thai Reflexology Practitioner Training deposit
Thai Reflexology Practitioner equipment kit
Accommodation during your training (must be paid 6 weeks prior to course start date.
£199 2016 course SALE £150