Applications for the 2018 Yoga Teacher Training are now open.
Yoga Teacher Training Course 200 hours: Apply online via the form at the bottom of the page.
Includes teaching of the following styles: Classical Hatha yoga, Vinyasa flow, Pranyama, Meditation, Gentle yoga.
The Free Soul Yoga 200hr Yoga Alliance certified teacher training provides a solid foundation to teach yoga and deepen one’s own personal practice. The focus of our 200hr training is to provide students with a sound knowledge of anatomy, alignment and adjustments. This foundation will serve as a powerful base from which to teach and guide your students through a practice that educates, inspires and heals.
We offer a flexible program that begins with a 10 day intensive retreat, this year hosted at the beautiful Ascension in the Fields retreat centre in Lampeter, West Wales. Our mornings begin with a 2hr practice, and our days are filled with intensive study delving into anatomy, alignment and adjustments of the yoga postures, laying the foundation for your teaching.
What makes us special?: Well where do I start..
- Our course only accept up to 15 students on each course so you can guarantee that you are not just a number to us. We want you to LOVE your training experience both as a student and as a yogi. That is why we include a free hot tub and onsite therapies for you to rest and relax as well as challenge, grow and learn.
- Tailored course content to match your personal interests and understanding. Throughout your training we will constantly integrate ways to inspire you and stimulate your personal interests. Our course isn't a one size fits all and although we have course structure and learning goals we also adapt our training to ensure that you can enjoy extra learning experiences along the way as well.
- No Planes, no airports just rolling hills and new baby lambs to play with. As someone who has spent the last 10+ Years teaching internationally I can tell you trying to get over jet lag AND get through an intense yoga training is not fun. With us you can arrive early if you like and wind down before you're training begins, you can also stay a extra day or to after the training and really practice and reflect on what you have learnt. (Extra night fee's apply)
- Email support provided throughout the whole of your training. We won't leave you high and dry, if you need help or clarification on something simply email away and or book a 1-1 session to support.
That's is just a few of the reason why we would love to have you join us on the next Teacher Training in April 2018
Evenings include study of some of the philosophical and other relevant topics and end with homework and self-reflection.
You will be given homework assignments consisting of online lectures, review points, practice teaching and personal practice recommendations. You should plan for 3-4 hours a week of homework plus a regular yoga practice.
Your 7 day training retreats will be followed by 3 weekend trainings (Fri-Sun) over the year held at our centre in Wales.
There we will bring all the elements of teaching yoga together with classes on sequencing & refining your teaching and plenty of practice teaching with valuable feedback to hone your skills as a teacher.
2017 Tuition dates as follows:
7 day training immersion : Monday 9th April- Sunday 15th April 2018
Weekend 1: May Saturday 19th 10am-Monday 21st 1pm
Weekend 2: June Saturday 23rd 10am-Monday 25th 1pm
Weekend 3: July Saturday 21st 10am-Monday 23rd 1pm
Tuition Fee: £2,950
- Yoga teacher in training insurence during the duration of your course.
- 211 hours of tuition, pre study, face to face and practice
- 40% off equipment at The Yoga Shop
- Professional Yoga photo ready for your website (worth £200)
- FREE anatomy book (worth £45)
- FREE Yoga book: Hatha yoga illustrated (worth £15)
- FREE 30 minute hand or foot therapy massage during your 10 day training (worth £25)
- FREE yoga mat
- 12 nights accommodation with breakfast (if you require special diet gluten freedom vegan etc there is a supplement of £50 for the complete course breakfasts provided.
Accommodation for 12 nights at our beautiful retreat centre in west Wales, shared accommodation, kitchen, lounge, yoga studio and relaxation area.
Ty Twt Cottage single occupancy add
- £299 for 7 day immersion
- £420 for Ty Twt booking for all the retreat dates
Granary single occupancy add
- £300 for all the retreat dates
- £175 for single during the 7 day immersion
- Tea's, snacks, home made cake's
- Use of all onsite equipment, lounge and our stunning outdoor meditation space
- There is a large kitchen and lounge which you can prepare you evening meals. Lots of lovely local pubs and restaurants to eat out and take a break if you like.
Payment Options for Training course:
- 50% of course fees as a deposit £1475 / £1475 can be paid on a monthly basis over three months May £492, June £492 July £492 (add any single supplements to your course fee)
Why start with a seven day immersion?:
We are in favour of the total immersion method of teaching. Recent studies have shown it to be the most efficient way to learn a new skill. When you step outside of your normal life to focus intensely on a new direction, your rate of progress can be spectacular.
That’s why we teach people to be yoga teachers beginning with an intensive course. You crash through the barriers to your success much more easily because you have momentum behind you. You’re in an environment where you eat and sleep yoga. You’re surrounded by others on the same path and the teacher is right there for you. In this time, not only will you acquire the skills for your future career, but you’ll probably find you’re going through a supercharged personal growth process.
We give you time between the training weekends to continue your practice to study and reflect on your training and development. We belive in being able to integrate and fully understand each teaching element before going onto the next. We teach you to be a intuitive, confident and professional teacher ready to start teaching straight away after your first 10 day training course. Naturally you will be nervous but the more you practice and the sooner you get started the more everything makes sense.
Although it is not mandatory for you to start teaching after the initial 10 day training we advise to start sharing your knowledge with as many people as possible as soon as possible be it friends, family or leading your first class.
You will get many opportunities to practice and develop your teaching skills during your training with us so you will be not only ready but happy to be in a leadership role full of inspiring ways to share your yoga passion.
Exams & assessments: You will be assessed during out your training and have plenty of time with your teacher to discuss any areas you would like to go over. There will be individual time per student per weekend where you will be with your teacher giving and receive feedback. Your teaching assesmentis given in video format to your teacher prior to your graduation weekend.
You will be asked to complete a presentation/essay covering the following criteria to be completed by January 20th 2017:
- You are asked to present and create an essay on a yoga subject of your choice, some of the subjects that past students have used are: Yoga and gender, The evolution of yoga, The history of yoga, Yoga for beginners, yoga and back pain, yoga for special populations, yoga and religion.
- Multiple worksheets to be completed between tuition weekends.
- Observational class assessment including group discussions, leadership, etiquette and self practice.
- All trainees must attend 100% of the course dates with a 90% overall pass rate to become qualified. There are opportunities to review, revisit and have extra training where necessary (fee's apply)
- Trainee's are expected to have a minimum of two year yoga experience before they can be accepted on the course. A letter of recommendation from your yoga teacher and or a self declaration form is necessary. It is also helpful for students to begin their pre reading so they have a foundation of understand on both the anatomy of yoga as well as the history and philosophy of yoga.
- Successful applicants should be in good health and have stable personal circumstances to complete this course with the focus and dedication it requires.
Our training school has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals, demonstrating that the course is of the highest standard.