WHAT IS BOXINGYOGA™
BoxingYoga™ is a powerful yoga-based training system; improving physical strength and flexibility to maintain optimal health, prevent injury and maximise performance.
BoxingYoga™ systematically strengthens and stretches the entire body and offers fighters a considered approach to explore coordination, body awareness and correct posture alignment. As a result, BoxingYoga™ helps to drastically shorten recovery time and cultivates relaxation and muscular tension release. These are important factors in order to prevent injuries and optimise a healthy body and mindset.
To maximise performance, BoxingYoga™ focuses on utilizing the whole body in a kinetic chain reaction with the power of the core and spiral dynamics of the spine. BoxingYoga™ looks at the whole pattern of movement in the musculoskeletal system and offers multi-stretching exercises in sequences, thus providing a routine for developing whole-body flexibility.
Born in a boxing club, BoxingYoga™ abandons yoga's more traditional conventions - chanting, esoteric beliefs underlying yoga philosophy and Sanskrit terminology - and focuses on a streamlined activity, directly targeting improved sporting performance.
BoxingYoga™ brings the mindset of a champion, one who learns equally from failure as from success, teaching participants to maintain focus, determination and composure in highly intense, challenging situations, just like a boxer. BoxingYoga™ pushes individuals to reach their potential whist ensuring that the exercises are safe and suitable to the needs of participants.
THE BENEFITS OF BOXINGYOGA™ INCLUDE:
- increases whole-body power and strength through emphasising on correct form and multi-strengthening exercises in sequence.
- loosens up and counter-stretches tight muscles to help prevent repetitive-use injuries, expand range of movement and flexibility.
- teaches how to endure intense postures to improve mental toughness, concentration and focus.
- develops body-awareness by concentrating on alignment, coordination and flow.
- cultivates confidence, motivation and a positive mental attitude.
- teaches controlled breathing necessary to improve balance, regain energy and increase stamina.
- challenges individuals to push beyond their limits whilst simultaneously ensuring that the exercises are safe and suitable to their needs.
- works as an effective means to reduce recovery time, stiffness and muscle soreness.
- provides those new to boxing with an insight into the science behind the sport, its technical aspects and a challenging workout.
BOXINGYOGA™ CLASS STRUCTURE
A BoxingYoga™ class merges boxing technique with traditional and innovative yoga postures. The four stages of the class are performed over 12-rounds, in one continuous movement sequence to music, with intensity adapted to participants' needs and ability.
Taught by Senior Yoga Teacher Trainer Roanna Harstad as a training Boxing Yoga Teacher Training programme.